Student Event Calendar & Studio Closures 2019/20
Dancer Events/Studio Closures
August 2019 - June 2020
Accelerated Dancer/ Illumination Dance Company Events
Camas Days Parade Rehearsal
Camas Days Parade
Tag Day Fundraiser
Moving Arts Photo shoot
Oct 19, 6 & 8pm shows
Moving Arts Show
Washougal Harvest Fest Thriller Flash mob
Lighted Holiday Parade
Winter Show Week
Onstage NY Competition
End of Season Showcase Week
Dec 23-Jan 3
March 30-April 3
Camas Days & Washougal Lighted Holiday Parades
Experience a high energy, fun, full-costume parade with choreography while representing DDANW in the community! Please see the drop-down tab below for all the details, including themes, rehearsal days and parade performance details.
Camas Days Parade
- July 27, 2019 (Saturday)
- 10:00am Dancers arrive for line-up
- 11:00am Parade Begins
- July 26, 2019 (Friday)
- A portion of this rehearsal will be outdoors so please bring your white canvas tennis shoes with you.
- Candy Land
- Costumes should consist of bright colors (Candy-like). Feel free to incorporate candy-themed ideas into your costume pieces…i.e., big bows, tutus, shiny or sparkly pieces, special necklaces or accessories, etc.
- White, Low-Top Canvas Tennis Shoes (like Keds)
- Socks must be no-show or footies in solid white (no patterns)
- Hair up in either ponytail or ponytails….the bigger the better for parade (feel free to curl or rat that pony and make it huge
- Bright, full make-up please!
Washougal Lighted Holiday Parade
- December 5, 2019 (Thursday)
- Line up @ 5:45pm
- 6:00pm Parade Begins
- Each dancer must be lit in order to participate. (Lighted necklaces, headbands, tutus, etc….obviously battery operated w/ small battery packs if you must use battery packs). Please no glow stick necklaces. They don’t stay on very well and they leave little rubber pieces lying around in the streets.
- Our color palette is white, off-white, light pastels (Snow bunny look). Please do not wear hot pink, flashy bright colors, black etc. This is helpful so that we can see all the lights and our dancers have a “glow” effect.
- Hats, scarves, gloves, are all acceptable and also (weather dependent) can make or break a dancer’s experience and comfortability.
- Shoes should be black tennis shoes. (Please no dirty, worn-out shoes. Remember that this is also a performance and we would like to maintain that a performance that is entertaining as well as pleasing on all accounts).
- Hair and Make-up is up to the dancers, but should not be a deterrence from their performance. Make-up does not need to be full stage make-up.
Fundraisers are offered to Dancers for help in alleviating some of the costs for Accelerated/IDC Performing Arts Education. Utilizing these opportunities to the fullest will significantly decrease costs for specialty events. Please see the drop-down tab below for details about each fundraiser offered. Note: Moving Arts Show Photo Shoot and All Winter Show-related events are mandatory for Accelerated and IDC dancers.
- Tag Day Fundraiser
Dancers will travel in groups to specified neighborhoods and “perform” their way through neighborhoods accepting donations for performing arts education in Washougal area.
- August 24, 10:00am-2:30pm
- Meet at DDANW @ 10am
- We need at least 8 adult drivers who have larger vehicles for 4-7 dancers. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available to drive.
- Theme is “Nicest Kids in Town” costumes should be 1960’s mid length skirts/dresses and bright colors with ponytails and bouffants. Wear make-up.
- Meet back at DDANW @ 1:30pm for Tag Day Party!
Each ticket to our exclusive DDANW “Date night” is sold for $50 per couple. From each set of tickets, $30 will be allotted for fundraising. The extra profits will be allotted towards costuming and props for our Winter Show fundraiser, with any additional going toward our scholarship program.
- September 6 – Moving Arts Photo Shoot @ 3:00-8:00pm (Reserve your time) First come, first served
- September 7 – Moving Arts Photo Shoot 10:00am-2:00pm & 3:00-8:00pm (Reserve your time) First come, first served
- Dancers will have approx. 15 min maximum and a total of 2 different poses. The session should be an artistic expression of an individual idea, concept, or theme that suits the dancer. Costuming should be modest and tasteful. Any props must be rehearsed with prior to photo shoot. Please let us know if your props will require clean-up time. Parents must wait in the lobby.
- October 19 – Moving Arts Show (2 showings, 6 & 8pm)
- Live Performances (Dancers by audition only; dances must be high quality for close-up viewing)
- Ballroom Dance Lesson
- Moving Arts Photo Gallery
- Dessert/Appetizers/Drinks Bar
Program Ads/Corporate Sponsors for Winter Show
Program Ads are a great way to raise funds without a lot of effort. Ads are eligible for fundraising after printing expenses are paid. See our non-profit page for program ad form and sponsorship info to send out to your contacts!
- Share our program ad form with local businesses or acquire a personal ad for a performer
- Make sure to follow up with your contacts! Ads are due no later than November 15th, 2019.
Annual Princess Tea and Winter Show Fundraiser
Each ticket sold for the Princess Tea portion of the fundraiser will be allotted for fundraising (after expenses are deducted). Half of each winter show ticket sold in our pre-sale will be allotted for fundraising. Current DDANW clients (not related to Accl/IDC Dancer) who purchase tickets are not eligible patrons for the fundraiser.
- December 20 & 21 – Princess Tea and 3 Shows
- See “Accelerated Company Productions” below for rehearsal/performance details.
Accelerated Company Productions
Annual Princess Tea & Winter Show December 20-21 (3 Shows) @ WHS
Our DDANW Annual Princess Tea and Winter Show is a MUST ATTEND event for families with children of all ages! Benefiting our Accelerated Dance Program Dancers, the show is a perfect way to leap into the Spirit of the Holidays! MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the performing arts education of passionate, hard-working, young artists by supporting this amazing event that has become a staple in our community during the holiday season! Please see the drop-down tab below for student details.
Tickets go on Sale
- November 4th
In-Studio & Stage Rehearsals for all Accelerated Dancers
- Opener/Closer Rehearsals @ DDANW TBA (stay tuned)
- December 18th & 19th, 4:30-8:30pm
- December 20th, 4pm (prior to show)
- December 20th, 7pm
- December 21st, 12pm & 6pm
- December 21st, 10:30am
Dancers will be exposed to professional level workshops, accelerated performing arts training from industry professionals, and an opportunity to perform on an international stage. We will also visit Huntington Beach, home of Orange County Song & Dance where our dancers will participate in exclusive sessions with renowned choreographers from the Los Angeles area. In 2018, we were happy to workshop with the incredible Stacie Craig, a celebrated, award-winning choreographer and producer. DDANW students were also fortunate to work with musical theatre legend and award-winning choreographer, Roger Castellano… just a glimpse of the experiences that DDANW dancers have to look forward to on tour! Please see the drop-down tab below for student details.
Frequently Asked Questions (Video)
DDANW Student Showcase (Recital)
All Studio Recital Week – June 15-20 @ WHS
Our Annual All-Studio Recital is the most exciting week of our year as studio dancers! Ages 3 and up will have the opportunity to perform in one or more of our themed shows. DDANW has a rich history of packed houses! Our brilliant choreographers create stunning masterpieces for maximum audience entertainment as well as emotional, artistic connection at many different levels of dance and performance that span the age groups.