Student Event Calendar & Studio Closures 2022/23
Dancer Events/Studio Closures
September 2022 - June 2023
Accelerated Dancer/ Illumination Dance Company Events
Sept 24 - 25
Moving Arts Show Photo Shoot
Moving Arts Show
In-Studio Winter Show Rehearsal
December 16 - 17
March 10 - 12
Hollywood Connection Convention/Competition
March 18 - 19
April 28 - 30
Onstage NY Competition
IDC, Pointe, Ballroom, Bollywood
Moonwalkers, Sparks, Flames,
Shining Stars, Comets, Rocketeers
June 14 - 17
End of Season Showcase Week
Nov 23 - 27
Dec 19 - Jan 1
April 3 - 9
Washougal Lighted Holiday Parade
Experience a high energy, fun, full-costume parade with choreography while representing DDANW in the community! Please see the drop-down tab below for all the details, including themes, rehearsal days and parade performance details.
- Each dancer must be lit in order to participate. (Lighted necklaces, headbands, tutus, etc….obviously battery operated w/ small battery packs if you must use battery packs). Please no glow stick necklaces. They don’t stay on very well and they leave little rubber pieces lying around in the streets.
- Our color palette is white, off-white, light pastels (Snow bunny look). Please do not wear hot pink, flashy bright colors, black etc. This is helpful so that we can see all the lights and our dancers have a “glow” effect.
- Hats, scarves, gloves, are all acceptable and also (weather dependent) can make or break a dancer’s experience and comfortability.
- Shoes should be black tennis shoes. (Please no dirty, worn-out shoes. Remember that this is also a performance and we would like to maintain that a performance that is entertaining as well as pleasing on all accounts).
- Hair and Make-up is up to the dancers, but should not be a deterrence from their performance. Make-up does not need to be full stage make-up.
Fundraisers are offered to Dancers for help in alleviating some of the costs for Accelerated/IDC Performing Arts Education. Utilizing these opportunities to the fullest will significantly decrease costs for specialty events. Please see the drop-down tab below for details about each fundraiser offered. Note: Moving Arts Show Photo Shoot and All Winter Show-related events are mandatory for Accelerated and IDC dancers.
Moving Arts Show Fundraiser
Each ticket to our exclusive DDANW “Date night” is sold for $50 per couple. After expenses are paid, students will retain individual ticket sales for continuing education experiences.
- September 24 & 25, 2022 – Moving Arts Photo Shoot (Reserve your time) First come, first served
- Dancers will have approx. 10 min maximum for session. The session should be an artistic expression of an individual idea, concept, or theme that suits the dancer. Costuming should be modest and tasteful. Any props must be rehearsed with prior to photo shoot. Please let us know if your props will require clean-up time. Parents must wait in the lobby.
- October 15, 2022 – Moving Arts Show (6 showings)
- Live Performances (Dancers by audition only; dances must be high quality for close-up viewing)
- Ballroom Dance Lesson
- Moving Arts Photo Gallery
- Dessert/Appetizers/Drinks Bar
Program Ads/Corporate Sponsors for Winter Show – Not Available for 2022
Program Ads are a great way to raise funds without a lot of effort. Ads are eligible for fundraising after printing expenses are paid. See our non-profit page for program ad form and sponsorship info to send out to your contacts!
- Share our program ad form with local businesses or acquire a personal ad for a performer
- Make sure to follow up with your contacts! Ads are due no later than November 15th..
Annual Princess Tea
Each ticket sold for the Princess Tea will be allotted for fundraising (after expenses are deducted).
- February 11, 2023
- Multiple shows w/specialty add-ons
ACC/IDC Company Productions
December 16 & 17 (3 Shows)
Our DDANW Winter Show is a MUST ATTEND event for families with children of all ages!
MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the performing arts education of passionate, hard-working, young artists by supporting this amazing event that has become a staple in our community during the holiday season! Please see the drop-down tab below for student details.
Tickets go on Sale
- Week of November 14th
- December 16, Friday 7pm
- December 17, Saturday 1p & 7pm
In-Studio & Stage Rehearsals for all Accelerated/Illumination Dance Company Dancers
– December 10th @ DDANW (9am – 3pm)
– Stage rehearsal will take place during the week on a day prior to the show (TBA)
DDANW Student Showcase (Recital)
All Studio Showcase Week – June 14 – 17, 2023
Performances – June 16 & 17 @ WHS Washburn Auditorium (See Recital Hub for schedules)
Stage Rehearsals – June 14, 15 & 16 @ WHS Washburn Auditorium (See Recital Hub for schedules)
Our Annual All-Studio Showcase is the most exciting week of our year as studio dancers! Ages 3 and up will have the opportunity to perform in one or more of our themed shows. DDANW has a rich history of packed houses! Our brilliant choreographers create stunning masterpieces for maximum audience entertainment as well as emotional, artistic connection at many different levels of dance and performance that span the age groups.