Accelerated Dance & Competitive Company AUDITIONS 2023
Who is the Audition for?
Ages 7-18 by Sept 2023
While we do offer placement recommendation assessments to our clients of all ages, this specific audition is for those dancers that would like to dance at an accelerated level or become part of Illumination Dance Company, our competitive company.
Is there a cost to Audition?
At DDANW we honor our current and future clients by making our audition fee only $10 to the public where other studios charge a minimum of $30-$50 for an audition. This fee covers staffing hours and pre/post audition application processing hours and resources.
- Please arrive 10 min prior to audition time for check-in
Once audition documents are requested and received, please review them carefully to obtain a clear understanding of what each program entails for the full 2023/2024 season. (fill out the form below to request documents)
- Audition Application
- Accelerated Program/Illumination Dance Company Contract
- Liability Release Form (if new to DDANW)
What happens after Auditions?
After auditions, dancers will receive an email regarding placement in Accelerated Dance Classes or IDC Competitive Company and a list of summer classes/camps that are recommended. All dancers selected for the Competitive Company will be required to attend our IDC Summer Blitz, where they will learn competitive team routines.
In the event that a dancer is not yet ready for accelerated dance, they will receive recommendations for classes that will best prepare them for accelerated dance in the future.
- All dancers that have auditioned have 1 week to pay their registration fee for the 2023/24 season.
- On the date of the Deadline we will create our Acc/IDC rosters and all contracts of registered dancers will become active for the new season.
- Each class has a limited amount of spots available and will only be filled by those who have paid their registration fee.
What if I Audition and then decide it’s not for me?
Simply call the front desk to notify us prior to the Deadline.
Individuals should STAND OUT
- Ladies – A Leotard, fitted top, Yoga pants or dance shorts are great! Make an impression with your dancing, not with unnecessary distractions. Make sure to bring dance shoes that you can turn in as well as indoor, clean tennis shoes and wear your hair up and out of your face.
- Guys – Make sure to wear more form fitting athletic/dance wear so that we can see your movement and form clearly.
Use links to learn about our programs.
For the 2023/24 Season
In-Person Group Auditions
Fri, May 19th 5:30-6:30pm
Elementary Age 7+ Fall 2023
Fri, May 19th 6:30-7:30pm
Fri, May 19th 6:00-7:30pm
Middle School in Fall 2023
Fri, May 19th 8:00-9:00pm
Middle School Call-Back
Fri, May 19th 7:30-9:00pm
High School in Fall 2023
Fri, May 19th 9:00-9:30pm
Post-Audition Deadline to Register for Fall 2022
May 26th, 2023
Accelerated Dance Program & IDC Competitive Company
Private In-Person Assessments
Register using the online form below to initiate scheduling an appointment!
Ages 7+ by Sept 2023
Remote Competitive Company Auditions, New Students
Submit video audition by: May 19th, 2023
Ages 7-18 in 2023
Request Audition Documents
Liability Release Form
Every dancer must have a current, signed Liability Release & Policies/Procedures Agreement forms on file at the studio prior to using the DDANW facilities.
Print & bring your completed form to the front desk, prior to your audition.