Dance Auditions 2020
Who is the Audition for?
Ages 7-19 in 2020
While we do offer placement recommendation assessments to our clients of all ages, this specific audition is for those dancers that would like to dance at an accelerated level or become part of Illumination Dance Company, our competitive company.
Is there a cost to Audition?
At DDANW we honor our current and future clients by making our audition free of charge to the public where other studios charge a minimum of $30 for an audition.
- Please arrive 5 min prior to audition time
Once audition documents are requested and received, please review them carefully to obtain a clear understanding of what each program entails for the full 2019/2020 season. (fill out the form below to request documents)
- Audition Application
- Accelerated/Company Contract
- Liability Release Form
After auditions, dancers will receive an email regarding placement in Accelerated Dance or IDC Competitive Company and a list of summer classes/camps that are recommended or required. In the event that a dancer is not yet ready for accelerated dance, they will receive recommendations for classes that will best prepare them for accelerated dance in the future.
- All dancers that have auditioned have 1 week to pay their registration fee for the 2020/21 season.
- On the date of the Deadline we will create our class rosters and all contracts of registered dancers will become active for the season.
- Each class has a limited amount of spots available and will only be filled by those who have paid their registration fee.
What if I Audition and then decide it’s not for me?
Simply, do not register, or call the front desk to notify us before the Deadline.
Individuals should STAND OUT
- Ladies – Please wear modest dance clothing. Tights are not required for audition, but plan to wear dance wear that covers navel, cleavage and buttocks area. Yoga pants and longer length dance shorts are great! Make an impression with your dancing, not with unnecessary distractions. Make sure to bring dance shoes that you can turn in and wear your hair up.
- Guys – Make sure to wear more form fitting athletic/dance wear so that we can see your movement and form clearly.
Use links to learn about our programs.
Thursday August 20, 2020
Ages 7-10 in 2020
Ages 11-13 in 2020
Ages 14-19 in 2020
Remain in audition until released
Call Backs (by notification)
Remote Competitive Company Auditions
Submit through Aug 16th, 2020
Ages 7-19 in 2020
Post-Audition Deadline to Register for Fall 2019
August 27th, 2020
Accelerated Dance & Illumination Dance Company
Request Audition Documents
Liability Release Form
Every dancer must have a current, signed Liability Release & Policies/Procedures Agreement forms on file at the studio prior to using the DDANW facilities.
Print & bring your completed form to the front desk, prior to your audition.